Tips & tricks for Mozilla Firefox
– Enable first-party isolation (be careful, this can give you some problems with websites)
– Disable third-party cookies
– Install some good add-ons – be careful with what add-ons you install though.
– Enable Tracking Protection
Do not use Google Chrome
Mozilla/Firefox does not have clean hands either, but at least the situation is way better in comparison to Chrome’s.
Qwant is a French company that was founded by security specialist Éric Leandri, investor Jean Manuel Rozan and search-engine expert Patrick Constant in 2011.
It launched its eponymous web search engine in July 2013. It claims not to employ user tracking, and it doesn’t personalize search results in order to avoid trapping users in a filter bubble.
The website processes well over 10 million search requests per day and over 50 million individual users a month worldwide[, spread over its three main entry points: the normal homepage, a ‘lite’ version and a ‘Qwant Junior’ portal for children that filters results.
The company claims it makes money through commissions it receives when users visit websites like eBay and Tripadvisor from its search results.
In March 2017, press articles suggest that Qwant search results are mainly based on Bing search results, except in France and Germany.
Qwant also confirmed the use of Bing advertising network.
Searx is a metasearch engine, aggregating the results of other search engines while not storing information about its users.
DuckDuckGo (DDG) is an Internet search engine that emphasizes protecting searchers’ privacy and avoiding the filter bubble of personalized search results.
DuckDuckGo distinguishes itself from other search engines by not profiling its users and by deliberately showing all users the same search results for a given search term, and emphasizes returning the best results, rather than the most results, generating those results from over 400 individual sources, including crowdsourced sites such as Wikipedia, and other search engines like Bing, Yahoo!, and Yandex.
The company is based in Paoli, Pennsylvania, in Greater Philadelphia, and has 53 employees. The company name is a reference to the children’s game duck, duck, goose.
Some things I dislike about DuckDuckGo:
– It’s hosted on Amazon servers 
– Some of DuckDuckGo’s source code is free software hosted at GitHub under the Apache 2.0 License, but the core is proprietary. This is bad for the end users since they cannot check the code, so malicious (tracking) code could be included. 
What I like about DuckDuckGo:
– DDG uses a proxy to serve images (proxy.duckduckgo.com). This way when you search for images, the results are routed through the DDG proxy so your IP does not end up in the webserver logs from all kinds of sites.
https://duckduckgo.com/privacy#s2 (DuckDuckGo link but this is the case with Google)
Pay as much with cryptocurrency as possible.
Bitcoin is not as anonymous as you may think: